ProgramsUp one level
In addition to Dalit Shakti Kendra and the Center for Dalit Human Rights (see main page), Navsarjan currently maintains 9 programs.
- Minimum Wage Implementation Campaign — by david — last modified 2010-01-14 10:59
- Many agricultural laborers work in the fields for 12 to 14 hours a day--all for less than minimum wage.
- Community Video Unit — by david — last modified 2010-01-14 10:54
- The CVU produces monthly news magazines called “Aapna Malak Ma”, giving a powerful voice to those who need it most.
- Land Rights Campaign — by david — last modified 2010-01-14 10:42
- Lack of land is a central reason for Dalit impoverishment.
- Eradication of Manual Scavenging Campaign — by david — last modified 2010-01-14 09:08
- Navsarjan has been working since 1996 to end this inhuman practice.
- Human Rights Value Education — by david — last modified 2009-06-04 11:38
- Education is a human right denied to many Dalit children. Navsarjan works to restore that right.
- Youth Awareness and Motivation — by david — last modified 2009-06-01 17:19
- Navsarjan works to organize youth so that they can tackle some of their own issues.
- Local Governance and Political Rights — by david — last modified 2009-06-01 17:12
- Navsarjan provides training to help Dalit members of the "Gram Panchayat" village system fight discrimination in their villages.
- Digitization of Research and Documentation — by david — last modified 2008-04-11 16:39
- Digitization of key data is an important way to plan Navsarjan programs and address caste discrimination effectively.
- Women's Rights Campaign — by david — last modified 2008-04-11 16:37
- Dalit women are positioned at the bottom of India’s caste, class and gender hierarchies.